That little extra “*#%>!” you give the person you blow by on the road for blowing by you, is killing you softly.
Each time you gesture out of anger, or negatively engage with another person, even silently, you are destroying a little more of the life within you. You give your power away every time you let someone get under your skin.
Find your strength within today to let those people go by. Bless those who curse you. Love those who spite you. Eventually they will disappear from your radar and even the busiest road will seem like you have it all to yourself.
Consider the follow road rage statistics the next time you feel like giving the other person that little extra “*#%>!”
Live longer. Be Kinder. Don’t Let Stuff Bother You.
The following statistics compiled from the NHTSA and the Auto Vantage auto club show that aggressive driving and road rage are causing serious problems on our roads.
- 66% of traffic fatalities are caused by aggressive driving.
- 37% of aggressive driving incidents involve a firearm.
- Males under the age of 19 are the most likely to exhibit road rage.
- Half of drivers who are on the receiving end of an aggressive behavior, such as horn honking, a rude gesture, or tailgating admit to responding with aggressive behavior themselves.
- Over a seven year period, 218 murders and 12,610 injuries were attributed to road rage.
One scary statistic worth noting is:
- 2% of drivers admit to trying to run an aggressor off the road!