On your road to Destiny, Friend, you are going to have good days and bad days. Often times our “bad days” are nothing more than momentary lapses of memory; times when we slip out of our true selves. Fear, anxiety, disappointment, or some other negative force, seeps in and nudges us off course.
It’s easy, at this point, to fall back into old habits and patterns. But don’t panic. You haven’t totally fallen, you’re just slipping. Catch your balance quickly, make the necessary adjustments, and get right back to being you.
Some adjustments are quick and easy: a deep breath, a new thought, a different perspective. While other adjustments require taking an entire day off, shutting down the project, walking away from it all for a few days.
Signs that we are slipping include:
1. Sudden negative thoughts that deplete our self worth
2. Our hot buttons get pushed easier.
3. Doubt seeps in and begins to destroy our self confidence
4. Lack of focus, creativity, and desire to do what we love.
5. We think, all of a sudden, we need someone’s help.
6. Suddenly we feel like eating everything in site!
Whatever caused you to begin to slip in the first place isn’t important. What’s important is that you recognize that you are slipping, that you catch your balance quickly, that you make the necessary adjustments, and that you get back to being you as soon as possible!
The next time you feel yourself slipping, don’t panic. You haven’t totally fallen at this point. Catch your balance quickly, make the necessary adjustments, and get right back to being you!